Sunday, January 10, 2010

Revamping the Blog- A new mission statement

All right, a new year means a new outlook on things, right? Let's be honest, this blog is not a great fashion blog. I'm converting it to my day-to-day blog, and I will be adding scenes from my imagination, hypothetical outcomes, ridiculous hyperbole, and other madness to keep this blog from becoming as dry as dust.

The status quo : I am a recent college graduate with a degree in Biology, a hankering for most things creative, and (currently) more free time than I should have. I live in upstate NY, work a retail job with an awesome boss and co workers, and my very sweet boyfriend (referred to as Otter), lives in NJ. Currently am looking for a more substantial job. To clarify things: when new people are introduced to this blog, I will their names to protect them from the consequences of all of our shenanigans.

Two days ago: I got my first real corset, one that actually has steel boning. W0000! I recently purchased said lovely corset from damselinthisdress (http://damseldress.blogspot.com/). It is gorgeous, and it completely feeds one of my mental versions of myself (don't we all have fantasy versions of ourselves?) , which is as a pirate captain. I put on a ridiculously pirate-esque linen shirt I have, and pulled myself into the corset. After adding corset to a free afternoon, one gets a person swaggering around the house demanding a flagon of rum from anyone who would listen. I also began referring to myself as "Captain Badassian". My family, instead of quelling this behavior, tends to encourage it, so mom and I ended up sharing stealth pina coladas at dinner, and my step dad suggested that I should get another corset made entirely of Kevlar for walking around NYC.

Otter also thinks highly of the corset photos I have sent him so far, but he has yet to see the ridiculous (and still hatless!!) Capt. Badassian, the Minor Headache of the Caribbean, in action.

No comments: