Monday, January 25, 2010

In the driver's seat...

The first time Pulsar and I touched (pictured above)

I am one of those weird people who does not yet have a driver's license. Yeah, yeah, I have the permit. Considering that I was formerly completely and utterly terrified of driving, there has been some progress. Especially, considering that I met a person who grew up in suburbia, and was STILL terrified of driving even though he was almost 30. True story.
So, now I can drive, but I still have not braved the 4 hour safety class. Silly. Parallel parking was a breeze.

While all of this utterly fascinating internal dialogue was going on, I was neglecting a very, very special person. That person is my car. My car is named "Pulsar", and is a silver 2003 Honda Civic LX. Pulsar has been patiently, patiently waiting for me in my driveway for months now. My step-dad went out to the car recently, put his hands on the hood of the car and cried out: "It needs loooooove!".

Being a typical human, this made me feel immensely guilty. Now every time I look out the window at the car, I hear a sad, drawn out violin sequence.

The goal for tomorrow is to get the said car registered so that we can start building our relationsh-I mean, practice driving more.

No comments: